Hi, my name is Kathleen Trotter. I have been a personal trainer since 2002 here in Toronto.
I grew up as a chubby kid and had really low self esteem. All of this changed when my mom gave me a membership to the YMCA for my Grade 8 graduation. My outside appearance changed, but more importantly my confidence increased.
I started to run and lift weights and before I knew it, the girl who would do anything to get out of gym class, was running marathons, lifting weights and playing on basketball and baseball teams. Starting to exercise and changing my lifestyle was the best thing that I ever did for myself. This is why I became a personal trainer.
I love my job. I have enough training to work with all kinds of people: people who simply want to use resistance training to acheive a fitter, long and lean appearance, people who wish to get incredibly strong and bulk up, women who are prenatal, people who have neurological conditions like Parkinson’s, athletes who want hard-core training, people who have had back pain and would like to use pilates to rehabilitate themselves.
I can design a program that is right for you, even if all you have is your living room floor and one set of dumbbells. Take a look at the list of certifications and specialities below and contact me to get started.
- 1 Ironman (Ironwoman)
- 7 half-Ironman (also called 70.3)
- 10 Marathons
- Half-Marathons – too many to count!
- Currently working to become a Holistic Nutritionist through The Canadian School of Natural Nutrition
- Completed a Masters Degree in Exercise Science at the University of Toronto. (Sept 2013)
- Honors BA from York University
- Can Fit Pro Personal Trainer
- Paul Chek Level 2 practitioner
- Level 2 Fascial stretch therapist
- Poliquin Level 2 strength coach
- Poliquin Biosignature practitioner
- Can Fit Pro group exercise instructor (step, aerobics, muscle conditions, bootcamp etc)
- Attended Can Fit Pro: Nutrition and Wellness lecture
- Attended Can Fit Pro: Older Adult Specialist lecture
- Attended Can Fit Pro: Pre and Post Natal Specialist lecture
- Attended Poliquin Program Design lecture
- Medical exercise specialist
- Swiss ball specialist
- Bosu ball specialist
- Core board specialist
- Pilates Instructor
- Pilates mat instructor
- Pilates equipment specialist (reformer, cadillac chair and wunda chair)
- Pre and post natal pilates
- Pilates for osteoporosis
- Pilates for scoliosis
- Pilates for neurological disorders
- Twist sport balance Instructor
- Kettle Bell specialist
- Rotating disk specialist
- Glider Specialist
- Pilates “edge” Specialist
- Riverdale Therapeutic Pilates Course
- Pilates for runners
- Certified in Rehab For The Upper Body by Rehab Harmonics
- Pilates rehab for the hip & knee
- Knowledge of, and experience with autoimmune and inflammatory diseases such as lupus, fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis and multiple sclerosis