I am excited to announce that I am now a CHEK Golf Performance Specialist. Come in for an assessment if you want to improve your golf specific strength and flexibility!
Connect with Kathleen
- This week's featured recipe! http://t.co/qOxoFUxtxh
- My Stealth column for the week!... http://t.co/B6T90m9ohz
- One of my fitness videos is the 'editor's pick' for the Life section today. Thanks #TheGlobeandMail :-) http://t.co/7D3nSfGfRq
- Kathleenism of the day: don't keep your health goals a secret. Tell your friends and family what you want to... http://t.co/G1JBVwTdlE
- Just read a great article by Gretchen Reynolds. She quotes a study on 'motivation and exercise'. She says the... http://t.co/gr9ewbvbNf
Subscribe to my Newsletter
- Globe & Mail: A watched pot never boils, so try squeezing in a workout instead
- Globe & Mail: Thinking of doing a Tough Mudder? Read this
- Globe Video: This exercise is called Take No Prisoners for a reason
- Globe Video: Feeling stiff? This easy exercise is for you
- Globe & Mail: The Lower Body Blaster will whip your legs into shape in no time
Fitness Questionnaire for New ClientsFill out this fitness questionnaire to get started on your personal fitness program.
Search my Articles by Category
Category Archives: Exercises You Can Try
The Boxer: All you need is a towel to strengthen your upper body with this easy exercise. Start standing with your arms bent at 90 degrees and holding the towel, palms up. Read More
The question: I am thinking of signing up for a Tough Mudder this summer. What can I do at the gym to prepare myself? The answer: Good for you! I have heard great things about Tough Mudders. Doing one is … Continue reading
It’s only 2.5 minutes long, but this intense plank exercise should knock you out. Trainer Kathleen Trotter lays out the challenge. Watch the Video.
Are you stiff after a long day at work? If so, this exercise is for you. Trainer Kathleen Trotter shows you how to do this easy upper-body combo. Watch the Video.
This leg-strengthening exercise takes little time and equipment, but still packs a punch. Trainer Kathleen Trotter shows you how to do it. Watch the Video
Trainer Kathleen Trotter shows you how to work your shoulders, arms and upper back to wow everyone when you put on your favourite strapless dress. Watch the Video
Adopting a healthier lifestyle can be transformative, but with all the fitness information available, it can also be overwhelming. That is why I have devised a list of 8 important “fun fitness facts”. Everyone who exercises – from the newbie … Continue reading
Start by holding a front or side plank for one commercial. Then, hold for two commercials, then three, and so on. You should max out around two minutes if you complete the challenge. Progress gradually! Read More
The question: My ankles are not strong. I always roll them when I run and play sports. They feel wobbly. Can you give me some strength exercises for them? The answer: Absolutely! A close friend of mine struggles with a … Continue reading
One of my favourite circuits will quickly strengthen your upper back and core. Watch to learn how to improve your posture. These exercises are particularly great for anyone who sits too much, or anyone who participates in rotational sports. Fun fact … Continue reading