On this episode of Tara Tovar’s Outside the Studio podcast you’ll learn about how fitness isn’t just about discipline; it’s really about caring for yourself enough to make a commitment to your health, and that consistency always trumps perfection. Even if you make a mistake or feel like a failure one day, how do you learn to try and try again?
Kathleen’s unique approach to fitness and coaching—namely, that a person’s mindset is just as important as the number of hours they spend at the gym—sets her apart from many of her peers.
What we talk about:
- What are the three pillars of long-term fitness success: workout mix, nutrition mix, mindset mix.
- What is a mood data journal and why it’s helpful in reaching your fitness goals
- How to tailor your workout with your mood in mind based on biofeedback from your body
- Why your mindset is paramount in reaching long term health goals
- How to create realistic fitness goals that will be sustainable long term
- Embracing your younger self to create a healthy sense of self-compassion
- Nutrition and diet theory how to sort through all of the diets out there
Memorable quotes and resources:
This Neuroscientist Shows You the Secrets to Obtaining A Growth Mindset | Andrew Huberman https://youtu.be/OGa_jt3IncY
“If [more] information was the answer, then we’d all be billionaires with perfect abs. ” Derek Sivers
Developing a Growth Mindset with Carol Dweck https://youtu.be/hiiEeMN7vbQ