Black Kale and Beans
A delicious one-pot nutrient-dense vegan meal with loads of nutrition from HEAL Nutrition.
A delicious one-pot #nutrientdense #vegan meal with a load of nutrition.
Servings – 4
- 1 bunch of black kale hand ripped
- 2 medium beets chopped
- 1 organic can kidney beans
- 3 celery stalks
- 2 medium carrots chopped
- 1 sweet or Spanish onion chopped
- 2 ” grated fresh ginger root
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- pinch of sea salt
- Using a large pot, warm the coconut oil and saute the onions to soften. Next, add ginger root and allow to cook for 1 minute.
- Rinse beans well and add to pot with a pinch of sea salt.
- Add celery, carrot, beet lemon juice, stir and cover for about 5 minutes.
- Lastly, add the black kale, and cover again for 2-3 minutes until the kale is bright green.
Don’t over-cook the kale
Originally published at HEAL