Chocolate Coconut Cookies
Thanks to HEAL Nutrition for this recipe. In their own words: “So good I had to make them twice since I ate them before I snapped a picture. Balanced enough to be breakfast cookies.”
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup coconut milk not coconut beverage
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond butter or your favourite nut butter
- 2 cups oats or other flakes
- 1/3 cup organic shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup crushed hazelnuts
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp sea salt
- In saucepan mix maple syrup, cacao powder, coconut milk together until combined.
- Add coconut oil and vanilla and bring to boil for about a minute or two.
- Continue to stir.
- Remover from heat and add almond butter,
- Combine oats, coconut flakes and salt together then add to mixture
- Crush hazelnuts in food processor or blender and add to mixture
- Spoon cookies onto parchment paper or silicon pad
- Put cookies in refrigerator for 30-45 minutes to cook.
Per cookie is approx 131 calories, 8g Fat, 14g carbs, 3g protein