Connect with Kathleen
- It is probably weird to think that breathing is something one needs to learn how to do, but for many of us, it... http://t.co/yhLtNcZfFF
- Take a look at my most recent #TheGlobeandMail #exercise video! It was fun figuring out the filming... http://t.co/byPg029Gd6
- Kathleenism of the day: you have to "earn the right to progress"! Meaning, before you try a new exercise, or... http://t.co/xK4MyzBSnt
- @ Ultimate athletics for a KB class! My kathleenism from #GlobeandMail video posted on quote chalkboard! Love it :-) http://t.co/Egl6x9zRxf
- It is Flashback Friday! Every week I post one of my old #TheGlobeandMail 'ask the trainer' columns. Enjoy!... http://t.co/WuQPTu9GWe
Subscribe to my Newsletter
- Globe & Mail: The one thing that's missing from your workout routine: A partner
- Globe & Mail: An easy way to add extra cardio to your workout
- Globe & Mail: Will menu calorie counts really make you more healthy?
- Globe & Mail: Use this combo exercise to breathe new life into your day
- Globe & Mail: Get motivated to hit the gym
Fitness Questionnaire for New ClientsFill out this fitness questionnaire to get started on your personal fitness program.
Search my Articles by Category
You’ve got your gym routine down to a T, but there’s probably one thing still missing: Have you tried working out with a partner? Trainer Kathleen Trotter shows you some easy and fun exercises for two. Watch the Video.
The question: I recently lost 30 pounds, but my friends are not being supportive. In fact, sometimes I think they are trying to sabotage my success by encouraging me to go out for dinner and drinks and skip my workouts. Any suggestions on what I should say and do?
The answer: First, take a moment to be proud of yourself! Try not to let your friend’s reactions detract from your sense of accomplishment. I know, easier said than done, but remember: Adopting a healthier lifestyle is for you, not them. Read More
Kathleen Trotter is a personal trainer, Pilates equipment expert, Globe and Mail fitness columnist and blogger. She says, “Don’t use running to get in shape, get in shape to run!” Beginners or sedentary individuals need to start off slowly to gradually build up their stamina. Listen Here
Ready for an extra workout? Trainer Kathleen Trotter shows you the easiest ways to add cardio intervals to your strength training. Watch the Video
Say hello to spring with these “FUN” interval workouts! The world is your interval-fitness oyster! Spring is in the air (yay)! It is the perfect time to use interval training to mix up your workouts and bust through a fitness plateau. Read More.
The answer: Exercising discipline at a restaurant takes so much self-control. No one needs the frustration of picking the “healthy” option only to learn it had more calories than the burger and fries. If the added information even slightly increases everyone’s nutritional mindfulness, or it helps just one person catch the hidden traps on the menu, it is worth the effort needed to make the information available. Read More
The Midday Booster: It stretches your chest and shoulders, strengthens your upper back, reinforces good posture and, most importantly, promotes blood flow. Read More