Welcome to my website
My name is Kathleen Trotter. I am a personal Trainer, Globe and Mail columnist, pilates equipment specialist, Huffington Post blogger and fitness writer. I am located in downtown Toronto.
My services include personal training, personalized programs, group seminars and fitness writing. Visit my Fitness Training page to learn more.
Be sure to sign up for my newsletter to the left and keep up to date with fitness news, recipes and more.
Feel free to contact me for information! My most recent articles are listed below.
- 1 Ironman (Ironwoman)
- 7 half-Ironman (also called 70.3)
- 10 Marathons
- Half-Marathons – too many to count!
Email me, Tweet or FB message me how you stay active and your name will be entered into a draw to win your own Orbit fitness prize pack. The winner will be announced September 2nd, 2014. Thank you everyone @Runtastic for my new Orbit - I am excited to track my steps. https://www.runtastic.com/orbit
Personal trainer Kathleen Trotter demonstrates an easy move using a playground swing. READ MORE
Have you set a goal to lose some weight, maybe shed ten pounds for the summer? If so, my advice is, be wary of promises along the lines of, “You can lose 12 pounds this month. Safely and for good!” These types of grand weight loss promises are the opposite of helpful or healthy.
Losing 12 pounds per month is not a safe and realistic goal for everyone. The closer you are to your ideal weight, the harder it will be for you to lose three pounds per week. READ MORE
Why waste garden work on just gardening? Turn everyday weeding into a core workout with this easy exercise.
1. Start on all fours in front of your weeds. Make sure your back is neutral, shoulders are over your hands and hips are stacked over your knees.
2. Keep your hips stable as you straighten your left leg – and don’t forget to weed with your outstretched right hand. Use your core to stay as stable as possible for 10 seconds. Repeat 10 times before switching sides. READ MORE
All it takes is one commercial break – and one pillow – to really work your core and inner thighs.
1. Grab a pillow. Lie on your back. Lift your legs up so your knees and hips form a 90-degree angle.
2. Place the pillow between your knees. Make sure your core is engaged and your back is neutral; only your finger tips should fit between your spine and the floor. Use your inner thighs and core to squeeze the pillow. Repeat 10 to 20 times. READ MORE